[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Scheduled tasks not carried forward...

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Scheduled tasks not carried forward...
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 14:26:06 +0900

Seth Falcon <address@hidden> writes:

> Ok, I actually was only doing the organizing on (non-day) plan
> pages. I think I'm not quite understanding how the carry tasks
> forward stuff works. Does it only search the last few day pages or
> does it also scan plan pages (for scheduled tasks).

Last few day pages. Note that typing (yyyy.mm.dd) after a task does
not automatically copy it over to the day page. This might be
something we could fix in the future, but I have no idea how to get it
to work nicely at this moment. C-c C-c does wonders for such tasks.

> After thinking about it some and reading some other posts on how folks
> are using planner, I'm not even sure I would want it to carry those
> tasks forward.  I think it will make more sense as I use planner more
> to use undated tasks in plan pages... and then figure out one of the
> recent hacks for getting a summary of things left to do ;-)

Load planner-tasks-overview.el and use M-x
planner-tasks-overview-show-summary to get the number of unfinished
(scheduled/unscheduled) tasks and completed tasks in your task pages.

> Anyhow, thanks again for your work on planner.  I'm enjoying it and
> appreciate what a helpful environment this list is.

Yes, emacs-wiki-discuss is such a wonderful list. I get tons of ideas
off it. <grin>

Looking forward to hearing more from you. =)

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - open source geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, personal information management, CS ed