Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: How I started using Planner

From: Chris Parsons
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: How I started using Planner
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 11:06:59 +0000

Sacha Chua <address@hidden> writes:

> Hmmm. Work/home... Anyone have tips for that?

A lot of people use two seperate planners for the work/home split. That
doesn't really work for me though, as I work from home, and often find
that I'm doing both business and home stuff and once, and forever
switching between the two.

I therefore run one planner with a prefix system. Any plan page that
starts with 'Personal' is home stuff, everything else is work.

That works well for billing different clients, also... My clients pages
all start with <client_name> (e.g. Client1SysAdmin, Client1Project...),
so it's easy for me to see how much time I spend for different clients.

Slightly off-topic, this also works well for with publishing.... I
publish my notes to the web from time to time, and have set up an
.htaccess file which seperate username/password info for each client
prefix, so Client1 cannot access the page 'Client2ProjectOne' without a
'Client2' password.

Chris

--
Chris Parsons