Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: CamelCase confusion

From: Charles Hachten
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: CamelCase confusion
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 08:24:26 -0600

Michael Olson <address@hidden> writes:

>> And Here's what I found:
>>
>> patch 70 works fine -- great! I'll stay here for now.
>> patch 71 error - emacs won't load
>> patch 72 error - emacs won't load
>> path 73 -- emacs loads, but planner no longer works for me with the
>> same problem that I've been complaining about.
>
> patch-70 is *old* :^) .  Make sure that you are using the
> address@hidden branch at http://www.mwolson.org/archives/2005 .

Thanks, that got me the correct version (i.e., patch 19 or 20), but it
didn't fix my problem.  No lower patch down to 5 fixed it, either.

I also tried out Sacha's development and stable tar balls with a clean
.emacs. Neither solve my problem.

This is weird, so it must be something strange on my part, but I can't
think of anything.  Except, perhaps, this: I tried to install
something once and put the wrong file location in my configure file.
So now when I run emacs from console, I get the following error: could
this have anything to do with my current problem?

Warning: Lisp directory `/usr/share/emacs/21.3/site-lisp' does not exist.

Otherwise my emacs set up is quite simple:

Emacs 21.3.2 (i386-Mandrake-linux-gnu, X-toolkit, Xaw3d-scrollbars)
Mandrake 10.0

Any other ideas.

Thanks