[emacs-wiki-discuss] New function: planner-annotation-from-directory

From: Stefan Reichör
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] New function: planner-annotation-from-directory
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 11:07:20 +0100

Hi!

I discovered the planner-annotation-as-kill function.
I use it to put bookmarks on an easy editable wiki page.

I discovered, that there is currently no way to get a link to a
directory when I use this function.

I see two possibilities to add that functionality:

a) Create planner-annotation-from-directory:

(defun planner-annotation-from-directory ()
  "Return the default-directory of the current buffer."
  (when (eq major-mode 'dired-mode)
        (planner-make-link default-directory)))

b) Add that functionality to planner-annotation-from-file

(defun planner-annotation-from-file ()
  "Return the filename of the current buffer.
When called in a dired buffer, return the directory instead.
If `planner-annotation-use-relative-file' is t or a function that
returns non-nil, a relative link is used instead. If
`planner-annotation-strip-directory' is non-nil, the directory is
stripped from the link description."
  (if (eq major-mode 'dired-mode)
      (planner-make-link default-directory)
    (when buffer-file-name
      (planner-make-link
       (if (or (and (functionp planner-annotation-use-relative-file)
                    (funcall planner-annotation-use-relative-file
                             (buffer-file-name)))
               (equal planner-annotation-use-relative-file t))
           (file-relative-name (buffer-file-name) planner-directory)
         buffer-file-name)
       (when planner-annotation-strip-directory
         (file-name-nondirectory buffer-file-name))))))

Variant a) looks somewhat cleaner to me.
What do you think?

Stefan.