[emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-id fixes

From: Jim Ottaway
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-id fixes
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 15:26:48 +0000

I have made some changes to fix some problems with the interaction of
task ids and multiple links.

The advice to `planner-update-task' in planner-multi failed to find a
task description if it was modified.  In planner-id I have advised
`planner-find-task' to do this correctly.

A second problem was with `planner-id-update-tasks-on-page' which led
in some cases to infinite looping because multi-link task updating
doesn't always leave point at a consistent position in the task (if
there is a change it is at the end but if no change at the beginning).

My original solution was the modification to
`planner-id-update-tasks-on-page' that is commented out.

The second solution, probably better, is to make updating for each
link of a multiple link behave as for the single link case: this is
what the modifications in planner.el and planner-multi.el do.

Here are the details of the mirror of my local branch:

Location: http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/jeho/archives/2005
Archive name: address@hidden
Branch: planner--jeho--1.0

The relevant patches are patch-2 (fixes an independent but related bug
in the task id regexp), and patch-3.

This is the first time I have used arch's branching and mirroring
actions; so I hope it has worked, and the information above is
correct.

Regards,

--
Jim Ottaway