[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: why is planner-diary-add-entry commented out?

From: Jody Klymak
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: why is planner-diary-add-entry commented out?
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 14:54:14 -0800

Jesse Alama <address@hidden> writes:

> I saw that in fact `planner-diary-add-entry' *is* defined in
> planner-diary.el, but the definition is commented out.

> Why?  I uncommented the the commented out region (the region that's
> commented out only once), loaded the function definition, and it
> seemed to work just fine.  Is there some subtle bug that I should be
> aware of?

I don't think so.  As the note above it says, whoever maintains
planner-diary.el would like it to write to a particular diary file
instead of the default.

The following seems to work, where the diary entry gets added to
"planner-diary-file".  This is the file that planner-diary reads to
create the diary display.  I *suppose* that someone may want to make
the writeable and

--
Jody Klymak      http://opg1.ucsd.edu/~jklymak/
mailto:address@hidden