Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] creating new emacs-wiki projects

From: John Sullivan
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] creating new emacs-wiki projects
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 01:23:51 -0500

Jesse Alama <address@hidden> writes:

> I could edit the variable `emacs-wiki-projects'; I could add a new
> item to that list with a new name and with variables copied from the
> variables that are already in place for my JournalWiki and WikiPlanner
> projects.  This approach seems somewhat brutish to me, and perhaps for
> this reason I thought there would be some nice way of creating new
> wiki projects.  But, as far as I can see, there's no such way apart
>>From just editing `emacs-wiki-projects' by hand.

I see. I'm not very familiar with this area, but as far as I know, there isn't
a better way than either manually editing emacs-wiki-projects, or using the
customize interface to same. Have you tried setting new projects up with M-x
customize-variable <ret> emacs-wiki-projects <ret> ?

If it's true that there isn't a better way, then maybe it would be worth
putting together a different customize interface for making new projects. My
first thought is that would be a better way to go than making a function to
create a new project --- because presumably you would want to save the values
for your new project for future use. This means writing to your startup files,
and that's probably best done within the customize framework set up for that
purpose.

What kinds of things would you want to be asked in order to create a new
project?

--
[= John Sullivan       =]
[= www.wjsullivan.net  =]