[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: emacs-wiki 2.69 released

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: emacs-wiki 2.69 released
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 14:05:49 -0500

"Raymond Zeitler" <address@hidden> writes:

> You wrote, "Flyspell does not mangle link properties in this way on
> Emacs21."  I have trouble understanding the entire paragraph in
> which this appears.  It seems as though you fixed a problem that
> occurred only with Flyspell on CVS Emacs, and that you believe the
> problem doesn't exist with Flyspell on Emacs 21.
>
> In fact Flyspell does interfere with emacs-wiki (the two most-recent
> versions I've tried: 2.67 & 2.69) on Emacs 21x in at least two
> significant ways:
>
> First, is the problem with Emacs crashing, which I posted about here:
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-wiki-discuss/2005-03/msg00104.html
>
> Second, when I click my mouse-wheel on a mis-spelled link, Emacs
> will interpret that as M-x flyspell-correct-word, rather than follow
> the link.  I'd assumed this is something unique to the version of
> Emacs compiled for Windows.  Either that, or there's a certain order
> the hooks need to be installed in.

I've tried to further address the flyspell problem in patch-65.  The
behavior before this patch was to try to prevent flyspell from
coloring links.  But if you had entered a new link and flyspell
colorized it, it would stay colorized when the link was completely
entered.

What this patch does is remove any flyspell overlays in the region of
the link when it is being colorized.  Thus when you mouse-wheel-click
the link, it should browse the page/link instead of trying to offer
corrections.  It will still appear a red color in Emacs21, but XEmacs
and Emacs CVS will use the correct coloring.

--
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- http://www.mwolson.org/
Jabber: mwolson_at_hcoop.net -- IRC: mwolson on freenode.net: #muse, #pulug