Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner <-> emacs-wiki

From: A.J. Rossini
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner <-> emacs-wiki
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 15:53:54 +0200

On 5/22/05, Sacha Chua <address@hidden> wrote:
> Alex Polite <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > OK. I can get this to work, sort of, but I'm not to happy with it. I
> > want both planner and emacs-wiki to look in both folder when resolving
> > links. I realize that this could lead to name conflicts. But I'd
> > rather have that than have to type DefaultWiki# or even DeWi# in front
> > of every cross link.
>
> Have you considered just maintaining one Planner wiki? You can put
> normal emacs-wiki pages in a Planner. =)

The catches are (at least for me, I don't know about Alex):

1. without some trivial coding (which I've not done) you can't
distinguish when creating
between a task page and a wiki page (with backlinks and other things)

2. can't have 2 pages with the same name (which I do, though perhaps I
should just adapt and just use the notes area for non-tasks -- it
would save me from having to code :-p).

best,
-tony

"Commit early,commit often, and commit in a repository from which we can easily
roll-back your mistakes" (AJR, 4Jan05).

A.J. Rossini
address@hidden