[emacs-wiki-discuss] Hi to the list! and help integrating planner and ca

From: Alex Kavanagh
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Hi to the list! and help integrating planner and calendar/diary mode
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 20:51:48 +0100

Hi All

This is my first post to this list, so hello to all.

I've just started using Emacs 'properly' having played around the edges
of it for a few years.  I've certainly not done any elisp programming,
nor really Lisp, but I have written a few things in Scheme (PLT and MIT).

I've recently discovered 'planner' and find it to be an excellent tool -
finally something that can help me plan out tasks and then knock them
off a bit at a time by scheduling bits on different days and actually
get them done.

However, I'd really like to be able to schedule my time during the day
as well.  I've tried to look at the documentation for planner and
calendar and I've seen hints that they can be integrated.  Is there a
web-page (or help file) that explains how to get the two to play along
together?

Is it possible to schedule 'time' in the same way as tasks so that the
Schedule section on day pages is managed (and reflected in the Calendar)?

Can I publish (and fetch) from an iCal server?

Is there a project that I can get involved in that may already be doing
this?

Sorry for so many questions in this email.  I'm just really keen to see
if I can get planner to work to its full potential.  At the moment my
calendar/diary file and planner pages are completely separate.

Full marks to the authors - amazing package!!

Many thanks
Kind regards
Alex.