Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-mode for contractors (multi-layered pla

From: Dryice Liu
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-mode for contractors (multi-layered planners?)
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 10:06:23 +0800

micah milano <address@hidden> wrote:
> Goals:
>
> . Client can look and see what I worked on today, and how much time was
> spent on each task
> . Client can look at the different project pages (associated with that
> client) to see what needs to be done
> . Master day page that allows me to see how much time I spent on each
> client, and what I did for each
> . When I planner-task-in-progress on a task, that task gets added to the
> project-specific day page, as well as the master day page
> . I want to allow each client to have a "status update" that shows which
> tasks I worked on, and for how much time. Seeing each day's tasks and time
> spent is useful, as well as giving a weekly summary of what I worked on and
> how much time I spent (and accomplishments).

Check out planner-authz and see if that fits your needs. Take a look
at my planner (http://dryice.3322.org/plans/today.html) as an live
example. Just click "OK" when it ask for a login so you'll get a guest
privilege.

Andrew Korty and I are working on improve it. Currently we have a
patch so that you can control the access of the "timeclock" section on
a page bases. Check out the status on Andrew's planner at
http://itso.iu.edu/ajk/plan-public/PlannerAuthz.html. Andrew and I
have had some discussion on this on the list.

Andrew,

What do you think if I check in the version I sent you the last time
so that Sacha can merge it in the main tree? I've used it for two
months and pretty happy with it. Though we'll still missing the group
permission feature.

--
Dryice @ http://dryice.3322.org

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/sylvester-response.html