[emacs-wiki-discuss] OT - emacs help requested please

From: Sharon Kimble
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] OT - emacs help requested please
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 20:47:37 +0100

I'm hoping that someone can give me some guidance please, or point me in the
right direction with some possible search terms?

The situation is that I am editing a book/booklet in emacs using the master
document feature. Each chapter is in a separate file to make it easier to
work on them and to add stuff to them. When they're all loaded into emacs
ready for a work session I call them to the forefront of the buffers ........
and then the requested file opens in a completely separate window from the
main emacs instance. And this is what I =don't= want!

Can somebody please tell me what to look for in my .emacs or how to turn off
this 'feature' as its disconcerting to being working in two buffers whilst I
add a citation to the bibliography in a plethora of other windows of chapters
also open.

Hopefully, thanks
Sharon.
--
 20:40:00 up 7 days, 13 min,  2 users,  load average: 2.31, 1.83, 1.69
A taste of linux http://www.sharons.org.uk/taste/index.html