[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Schedule, Diary and Planner

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Schedule, Diary and Planner
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 09:50:04 +0800

address@hidden (Edgar Gonçalves) writes:

> 09:30-11:00 PPADNI (T) FA3 (LeicIst)
> 15:00-15:40 Pool (LeicIst)
> but this ends up with an horrible html formatting, withouth linebreaks, etc,
> etc. Could anyone point me to some info on this matter?

A quick workaround would be to keep your diary entries in emacs-wiki markup
style

09:30 | 11:00 | PPADNI (T) FA3) (LeicIst)
15:00 | 15:40 | Pool (LeicIst)

and the like. Alternatively, we could put all of the diary results in a
<pre>...</pre>
Hmm.

(defadvice planner-diary-update-section (before edgar activate)
 "Make TEXT a list."
 (setq text
       (with-temp-buffer
         (insert text)
         (goto-char (point-min))
         (while (not (eobp))
           (unless (looking-at "^\\s-*$")
             (insert "- "))
           (forward-line))
         (buffer-string))))

This makes the inserted diary entry a list.
--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - open source geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, personal information management, CS ed