[emacs-wiki-discuss] <pre>-wrapping for embedded python output

From: Stefan van der Walt
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] <pre>-wrapping for embedded python output
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 09:13:10 +0200

Hi Everyone

I recently discovered `emacs-wiki' and think it's great.  It is now
part of my academic planning process, and I created some simple Python
scripts which allow me to add BiBTeX references to my pages.

For example, I would use a snippet like this one in my WikiPage:

<python>
import bib
bib.search('wiki')
</python>

This prints all references matching the key 'wiki', in a nicely
formatted way.  My problem is this: all python output is wrapped in
<pre>.  This is easy to disable, by simply changing one line in
emacs-wiki-public.el -- yet, I don't want to patch my emacs-wiki after
every release.

Would it be useful to add a parameter or an option to control this
behavior?  I am thinking something like <python raw></python raw>.

I am not subscribed to the list, so please CC me with your replies.

Regards
Stéfan