[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Duplicate appointments with planner-appt

From: Romain Francoise
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Duplicate appointments with planner-appt
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 12:45:04 +0200

Jim Ottaway <address@hidden> writes:

> What version of Emacs are you using?

CVS from a few days ago.

> If you are using the CVS development version, I suspect that the real
> problem is probably in planner-appt-remember-appt: the format has
> changed slightly, so they might not get deleted with
> planner-appt-clear-appts.

Probably, yes.

> The change was made 2005-02-23; I wonder what the best way of testing
> for this would be?

Don't test it -- just make planner-appt do the right thing on Emacs 22
vs. Emacs 21.  People who use old CVS snapshots should upgrade anyway,
you can't reasonably support such a variety of different versions.

I'd create low-level functions to manipulate appt-time-msg-list and
specialize what they do depending on the version of Emacs.  Doing all
this without a compatibility layer over Emacs's internal data is bound
to break at some point...

--
Romain Francoise <address@hidden> | They're nothing but scared
it's a miracle -- http://orebokech.com/ | little mice.