[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Broken Planner, cause unknown

From: Edgar Gonçalves
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Broken Planner, cause unknown
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 14:42:24 +0100

Yesterday afternoon, Sacha Chua wrote:
> address@hidden (Edgar Gonçalves) writes:
<...>

> This code tries to make sure that we do not repeatedly add planner-name-regexp
> to emacs-wiki-name-regexp. After you restart Emacs, everything should be fine
> again.

Well, my planner is usable, so thanks - one problem solved! But there's another
one (not so serious, it doesn't stop my planner usage!). This one I could trace
it in planner-deadline-update. If you look at the end of that function:

 (if task-info
           (when (string-match planner-deadline-regexp
(planner-task-description task-info))
             (planner-edit-task-description
              (replace-match new t t (planner-task-description task-info))))
         (replace-match new t t)
         (when (planner-current-note-info) (planner-update-note)))))
   (forward-line 1))))

You see that it keeps scrolling down to the next task to look for deadline
entries to update. Well, when it calls the planner-edit-task-description
function, the marker goes to the BOF, so it ends with a message like "There is
no task on the current line". Oh, this happens because I have a task with a
deadline, I think!

On another subject, some time ago I removed the flyspell-mode from the
planner-mode-hook, in order for my emacs-wiki-links to be usable. But as I was
looking at the emacs-wiki code I saw some lines related to flyspell, so I have
just tried adding the mode again, but I seem to have the same problem - when I
go into a day link, it gets a spelling error, so flyspell underlines it and
removes the link to the proper page... Am I supposed to add something to make it
work?

Thanks a lot for the help.. This two "non-planned" days showed me how addicted I
was to using planner!

--
Edgar Gonçalves
Software Engineering Group @ INESC-ID