Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] emacs-wiki-journal question

From: Chris Beggy
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] emacs-wiki-journal question
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 00:22:08 -0400 (EDT)

On 07 Jul 2005, "Jose A. Ortega Ruiz" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello again.
>
> I've just noticed that the title of old journal pages has changed from
> my original:
>
> Entries (<from> - <to>)
>
> to just 'Entries' with a date:<from>-<to> two lines below. This have
> the side-effect (AFAICT) that all titles in the Index page for old
> entry pages will be 'Entries', without the date, which is, hmmm,
> inconvenient... I am probably missing something here: could anyone
> tell me what?

jao,

hello.  I had the issue you described when I switched versions,
but I just keep plowing ahead.

(defcustom emacs-wiki-journal-old-title-format-1 "Entries from %s to %s"
  "Title of the old journal pages. If `nil', no title is inserted."
  :type 'string
  :group 'emacs-wiki-journal)

(defcustom emacs-wiki-journal-old-title-format-2 "Entries of %s"
  "Title of the old journal pages if it contains the entries of only
one day. If `nil', no title is inserted."
  :type 'string
  :group 'emacs-wiki-journal)

There's another emacs-wiki-journal add-on you should know
about if you are poking around.

;; Yamagata Yoriyuki (yoriyuki AT mbg DOT ocn DOT ne DOT jp)
;; contributed a patch that fixed some breakage in
;; `emacs-wiki-journal-category-alist'.  He also contributed a 15-line
;; patch that allows for more than 10 overflow journal files to be
;; used.

He has also added the ability to created permanent links:

(defcustom emacs-wiki-journal-self-link-name "link this article"
  "The name of the self link in the article"
  :type 'string
  :group 'emacs-wiki-journal)

Chris