[emacs-wiki-discuss] Can I complain about point a little more?

From: johnsu01
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Can I complain about point a little more?
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 02:05:46 -0400

I'm struggling with planner lately, because I've lost track of / don't
understand whatever changes have been made recently to the saving buffers
behavior.

At least, I think that's what the issue is.

Here's what's troubling me:

1) When I save my page, point now jumps to the top of the buffer. I'm used to
   obsessively hitting C-x C-s after each change I make (old finger memory), so
   this is driving me bonkers. I have to reposition myself everytime I save the
page.

2) When I mark a task complete, sometimes the task moves down with the other
   completed tasks (in other words, the buffer gets sorted), and sometimes it
   doesn't. This inconsistency is also driving me batty. I haven't noticed a
   pattern to when sort happens and when it doesn't, but surely there is one.

I know we had a discussion about issues related to this, but no conclusion was
ever posted. So can we get an explanation of what the expected behavior is?
I've experimented with planner-tasks-never-suppress-fixing-flag set to both nil
and non-nil, but this has not affected the above behaviors.

If I know how things are supposed to work, then maybe I can help debug.

I'm using planner up to patch-445.

--
-johnsu01
-http://www.wjsullivan.net