[emacs-wiki-discuss] Xtla patch-sending hack

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Xtla patch-sending hack
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 16:54:39 -0500

I was a bit frustrated with the lack of a general "patch-sending"
mechanism for xtla, so I adapted my own from the `tla-submit-patch'
function.  I call it `tla-submit-patch-to'.  It would be *really* nice
if the xtla developers could integrate something similar upstream.

Call it from the directory that you've made changes to, and it should
automatically guess most of the appropriate parameters, with the
exception of the email address to send it to.

I've also made it enter Message mode, which integrates well with BBDB
for fetching email addresses.

(defun tla-submit-patch-to ()
  "Submit a patch to the archive in the current directory.
The function will create a patch as *.tar.gz file and open up a
Message buffer for sending the patch."
  (interactive)
  (tla-prepare-patch-submission
   (tla-tree-root (file-name-directory (tla-tree-version)))
   (concat ",," (tla--name-category (tla-tree-version)) "-patch-"
           (format-time-string "%Y-%m-%d_%H-%M-%S" (current-time)))
   ""
   (tla-tree-version)
   (concat
    "Please change the Subject header to a concise description of your patch."
    "\n"
    "Please describe your patch between the LOG-START and LOG-END markers:\n"
    "<<LOG-START>>\n"
    "\n"
    "<<LOG-END>>\n"
    "\n"
    ))
  (message-mode))

--
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- http://www.mwolson.org/
Interests: anime, Debian, XHTML, wiki, Emacs Lisp