[emacs-wiki-discuss] [BUG?] muse-publish handling abnormal exit during c

From: Peter K . Lee
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] [BUG?] muse-publish handling abnormal exit during call to publish
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 17:02:45 -0400

I was tracing instances of abnormal exit during publishing, i.e. if
you include something like <lisp>will-make-error</lisp> inside your
planner file and you publish the file C-c C-p (muse-project-publish),
and I found that emacs wants to ask if you want to close the buffer
*temp* or *temp*<x> before it prints out what caused an error:

let: Symbol's value as variable is void: will-make-error

If you say no (thinking you want to preserve the temporary buffer),
the next time you publish once again, this time, you get a prompt
asking if you want to save the FILE that contains the <lisp>...</lisp>
snippet.  (this happens even if you save right before calling
muse-project-publish)

here, you DO NOT want to save the FILE, since the version of FILE that
they want you to save is the contents of the *temp* buffer that you
did not kill previously.

It WILL overwrite your planner file.  The extent of the markup within
*temp* buffer depends on how far into processing the text was
successful prior to encountering the error condition by the invalid
<lisp>...</lisp> code.

I was able to track the code to the point where (with-temp-buffer ...)
is called before processing the contents, but I couldn't figure out
why in the error condition, you are asked whether you want to kill the
modified temporary buffer, and even worse, why *not* killing the
modified temporary buffer results in emacs wanting to save that as the
current buffer the second time around.

Is there a way to suppress this behavior?

-Peter