[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: [BUG?] muse-publish handling abnormal exit duri

From: drkm
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: [BUG?] muse-publish handling abnormal exit during call to publish
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 00:42:36 +0200

Peter K.Lee <address@hidden> writes:

> I think it may be a little more unique to muse, I'm suspecting this to
> be what causes the behavior:

>       (with-temp-buffer
>         (insert-file-contents file t)

  Yes, you're right.  But this construction sounds strange to me.
What's the difference between it and simply visiting the file?
Because we create a temporary buffer, and directly we fill it
with the content of a file and associate the buffer with this
file.

  'muse-publish.el' doesn't have any Author or Maintainer tag, so
I guess it's from Michael.  Why did you use a temporary buffer
there?

  BTW, I'll post a bug report to emacs-devel for displaying the
error while asking for saving the buffer.

--drkm