[emacs-wiki-discuss] Debian package of Muse is available

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Debian package of Muse is available
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 22:26:31 -0500

Thanks to Trent Buck's initial effort, I've put together a Debian
package for Muse at http://www.mwolson.org/debian.  It's packaged as
"muse-el".

See http://www.mwolson.org/projects/ProjectDistribution.html#sec2 for
instructions on installing my Debian packages.

The convention that I am currently using for the version numbers is:

X.XX.arch.YYY-Z,

where X.XX is the Muse version, YYY is the Arch patch version, and Z
represents the number of different attempts to produce the Debian
package, or something to that effect.

For example, the 3.01.90 release candidate will not have the ".90"
part in the debian version name, since it introduces an unnecessary
discontinuity in the numbering scheme.  The current Debian version is
"3.01.arch.152-1".

I am currently trying to obtain a sponsor who can upload this package
to Debian, with preference to my emacs-wiki sponsor.

--
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- http://www.mwolson.org/
Interests: anime, Debian, XHTML, wiki, Emacs Lisp