[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Emacs Wiki publishing doesn't understand filena

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Emacs Wiki publishing doesn't understand filenames with space
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 17:48:40 -0500

Sacha Chua <address@hidden> writes:

> We muffle errors during publishing because Lisp code can be replaced
> by "INVALID LISP CODE" and other placeholder strings. Also, temp
> buffers were dangerous until mwolson's fix a few patches ago. Should
> we revert to backtracing on every error instead of condition-casing
> things and reporting everything at the end?

The new behavior is to pop up a warning window with the relevant
information and continue publishing.  If debug-on-error is non-nil,
the temp buffer will be kept around as *emacs-wiki-temp*<N> (or
*muse-temp*<N> for Muse), otherwise it will be removed.  Either way,
it will be marked as unmodified so we don't get save prompts.

--
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- http://www.mwolson.org/
Interests: anime, Debian, XHTML, wiki, Emacs Lisp