Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Planenr snippet: count tasks in page

From: Chris Parsons
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Planenr snippet: count tasks in page
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 15:35:03 +0100

On 20/07/2005 13:56, Janne Hellsten wrote:
> I wonder if there's a way to get the <lisp> block's output somehow
> evaluated by emacs-wiki after the block's value is reduced to a
> string.  I'm a complete planner 00b, so please excuse me if this is
> FAQ.

There's a workaround - add a main heading block (I'm using "* Page
Summaries" as an example here) and add something like this to the page
load/save hooks:

(defun chrismdp/planner-page-summaries-update ()
  (interactive)
  (save-excursion
    (save-restriction
      (when (planner-narrow-to-section "Page Summaries")
        (delete-region (point-min) (point-max))
          (insert "* Page Summaries\n\n"
                --- ADD YOUR CODE HERE --- "\n\n")))))

I've using a similar trick for agendas, which looks in the page for an
"Agendas" section and if found fills it with a list of all "Agenda"
prefixed plan pages with open tasks on them (I'll post that in a
seperate thread when I've polished it, as part of "How I do Gtd")

Cheers
Chris