Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Muse-wiki milestone reached

From: A.J. Rossini
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Muse-wiki milestone reached
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 02:13:06 +0200

On 7/23/05, drkm <address@hidden> wrote:
> "A.J. Rossini" writes:
>
> > I agree in theory -- but in practice, you need some means to have as
> > dense a markup for context as possible, which is difficult.
>
> > For planner, it's not too hard to imagine (start with ical/vcal and
> > xml'ized versions), but for general output (I have grand plans for
> > muse) I'd like to have means to simplify the output.
>
> > That's the catch, isn't it -- simply extensible markup, which we can
> > edit simply but describes and transforms into complex documents.  And
> > I'm using the word "documents" extremely loosely.
>
>   I don't understand.  I guess you can blame my poor English.
> Sorry.  Can you reformulate, please?

No apologies necessary.

What I meant is that the goal of Muse and Planner combined, with
respect to markup, is that we can continue to do simple things to
create content, and yet at the end of the day, have sufficient context
marked up so that we can do "whatever we want with it".

This is a hard problem.  Best approached by prototypes so that people
can see what works and doesn't work (evaluating both the approach and
implementation separately, since those are the 2 points of
failure/breakdown).

best,
-tony

"Commit early,commit often, and commit in a repository from which we can easily
roll-back your mistakes" (AJR, 4Jan05).

A.J. Rossini
address@hidden