[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Initial version of muse-xml.el

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Initial version of muse-xml.el
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 22:06:00 -0500

drkm <address@hidden> writes:

> Mmh.  IMHO, 'title' could be better an XML element, instead of an
> attribute.  So we can add markup to it.

I agree; I've implemented this in the most recent patch.  Thanks for
the input!

>> Thinking farther in advance: Eventually it would indeed be good to
>> have such styles as poem-xml, book-xml, journal-xml, and so on.
>
> IMHO, the first thing to do is designing the type of document.
> MuseXML could be generic, and accept elements of an other namespace
> in a lot of places.  For example:
>
> [snip]
>
> With <p:tasks> deriving from <m:section>.  So one can easily plug
> some Planner, Poem or Journal extension to MuseXML (to the type
> definition as well as to the stylesheet).
>
> This could be a very interesting task to do, but unfortunatly I
> don't have the time to investigate furthemore.  Maybe in a few
> weeks.

I like the idea of being able to include elements from other
definitions, like planner-specific stuff.  I've sent an email to the
FSF to ask about the copyright requirements of a DTD.

--
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- http://www.mwolson.org/
Interests: anime, Debian, XHTML, wiki, Emacs Lisp