[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Planner Calendar outputs a whole empty week

From: drkm
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Planner Calendar outputs a whole empty week
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 00:40:00 +0200

Sacha Chua writes:

> drkm <address@hidden> writes:

>> I didn't look why, but 'planner-calendar' is really, really
>> slow.  It's not normal for such a function.

> Aha, another thing checking the file alist aggressively. Could you
> check the latest dev? I changed a few lines.

  Can you point these few lines more precisely?  I use Planner
with Muse, and I don't know what change you tell about (they are
not in planner-muse-latest).

>>   And I think the output could be simplified.  for example, here
>> is what is outputed for a day with no day page:

> That would be in planner-calendar-published-file-href, then...
> Does removing the span in that function make things better?

  IMHO, it's a good start.  BTW, I don't know why, this function
inserts a "<nop>" string in the URLs of the address@hidden of the days of
the calendar.  So I have this in my ~/.emacs.el:

    (eval-after-load 'planner-calendar
      '(defadvice planner-calendar-published-file-href
         (before drkm-pim:plan-cal-file-href activate)
         "FIXME<docstring>: ..."
         (ad-set-arg 2 nil)))

  Why does this function insert such a string?

--drkm