Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Escaping '=' in markup

From: Trent Buck
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Escaping '=' in markup
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 20:03:25 +1000

Michael Olson <address@hidden> writes:
> Once I get back from vacation, I'd like to implement a <code> tag that is
> marked up the exact way as =equal signs= are.  That way, you can wrap such
> lines in <code> and things will just work.  In the interim, <verbatim> might
> potentially do what you want.

Is this sufficient?

        ;;; Escape text in <code> tags.
        (add-to-list 'emacs-wiki-markup-tags
                     '("code" t nil t emacs-wiki-code-tag))

        ;; Based on emacs-wiki-publish.el:emacs-wiki-example-tag
        (defun emacs-wiki-code-tag (beg end highlight-p)
          (if highlight-p
              (progn
                (remove-text-properties
                 beg end '(face nil font-lock-multiline nil
                                invisible nil intangible nil display nil
                                mouse-face nil keymap nil help-echo nil))
                (goto-char end))
            (insert "<code>")
            (emacs-wiki-escape-html-specials end)
            (when (< (point) end)
              (goto-char end))
            (insert "</code>")
            (add-text-properties beg (point) '(rear-nonsticky (read-only)
                                                              read-only t))))

I have a bunch of code in the following files that I haven't bothered to clean
up, since I expect to move to Muse first.

        http://twb.ath.cx/~twb/src/my-elisp/emacs-wiki-elide.el
        http://twb.ath.cx/~twb/src/my-elisp/emacs-wiki-fixes.el
        http://twb.ath.cx/~twb/src/my-elisp/emacs-wiki-graph.el
        http://twb.ath.cx/~twb/src/my-elisp/emacs-wiki-svg.el