[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: determine at a glance whether you're "clocked-i

From: Paul Lussier
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: determine at a glance whether you're "clocked-in" to a task in planner-timeclock?
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 10:05:43 -0400

Sacha Chua <address@hidden> writes:

> Paul Lussier <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> That would be cool.  I know when I clock into a new task, it changes
>> the mark from '_' to 'o'.  Perhaps it ought to mark a clocked-in task
>> as 'I'.  I think the 'o' is supposed to be 'ongoing' or something, so,
>
> I get around this by using o for the current task and P for postponed
> tasks... =)

The problem is that when you clock in on a task, it automagically
marks it with an o.  Clocking out, or switching tasks doesn't change
this o to anything else, it leaves it as o.  As a result, I have many
tasks which are now marked o and it's very difficult (read:
impossible) for me to see at a glance, which task I'm currently
clocked into.  I find myself looking at the last line of my timelog
file quite frequently!

I have several tasks marked as P which I use as a long-term 'waiting
for something' flag.
--

Seeya,
Paul