[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Planner mode questions

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Planner mode questions
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 10:24:39 -0400

Matt Mohebbi <address@hidden> writes:

Hiya, Matt!

you prefer to use Gmane (a mailing list->NNTP/blog gateway), check out
http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.wiki.general .

> Thanks for working on planner mode!

Thanks for trying it out! =)

> I noticed on your homepage that you have more than one project
> assocated with a task:
> B     X       Test comma as separator (2005.08.08 TestPage AnotherTest)
> How are you doing that? Are all three pages update when you modify the
> task and use planner-update-task?

planner-multi.el. I don't use planner-update-task. Instead, I use:

- C-c C-i: mark a task as in progress
- C-c C-x: mark a task as done
- C-c C-p: to mark a task as postponed.
- C-c C-c: reschedule a task

When I need to change the task description, I use
planner-edit-task-description (which I've bound to C-c C-e over here).

When I change my mind about the plans, I use C-u M-x
planner-replan-task.

Hope that helps!

> Also, how do you have things that are due a few days in advance show
> up on your planner?
> B     _       Merge patch for ISO dates : E-Mail from Trent Buck {{Deadline:
> 2005.08.07 - 3 days}} (planner)

planner-deadline.el . =)
--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - open source geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, personal information management, juggling