[emacs-wiki-discuss] Tip: Planner + Google Desktop for link integration

From: Chris Parsons
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Tip: Planner + Google Desktop for link integration
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 16:59:07 +0100

Hi all

Something useful I discovered recently...

If you need to make an emacs-wiki link to a Thunderbird email (say, for
a link a Planner task), and you have Google Desktop installed, you can
do the following:

1. Search for the email and find it via Google Desktop
2. Find the 'View in Thunderbird' link on the Google Desktop copy of the
email.
3. Copy the link location and paste it into emacs, and put a link around
it, like so (sorry for long line):

[[http://127.0.0.1:4664/openemail&product=57?id=1939687912+3321752286+8973%2E195%2E188%2E213%2E35%2E1123688112%2Esquirrel%40195%2E188%2E213%2E35&action=d&s=RL7J_yBPDGvDWz5Ongjo7iqaW0Y][email]])

Click on link in emacs, and voila! Thunderbird opens up the email for you.

This probably works with any email client Google Desktop supports, and
probably works for linking to documents and IM conversations too...

Hope this is useful to someone else besides me...
Chris