Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Note on task page but not day page

From: Alex Kavanagh
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Note on task page but not day page
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 20:21:34 +0100

At Wed, 10 Aug 2005 10:19:03 -0400,
J. David Boyd wrote:

> Is this possible to do.
>
> I'm starting to use planner with some of my tasks on day pages, and some on
> plan pages.  This way I can limit what shows up on the current day page, and I
> can have that only contain major todo items, with the pointed to plan page
> containing more details.
>
> But it seems that notes always show up in the current plan page, and the
> current day page.
>
> What am I doing wrong, if anything?

Nope, the function 'planner-create-note defaults to the current day
page, and I must admit that I couldn't work out how to make it use the
optional page-name apart from defining a new function that uses it.  I
want all my notes to appear on the page that I'm actually editing to I
created the following and bound it to "C-c n" thus:

(defun ajk/planner-create-note-this-page ()
  (interactive)
  (planner-create-note (planner-page-name)))

(define-key planner-mode-map (kbd "C-c n")   'ajk/planner-create-note-this-page)

It's very simple and I haven't tested it fully but it works for me
when I'm editing a plan page and I want to add a note.  I'm sure I
will vary it once I've explored working with notes more.

Cheers
Alex.