Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: The muddy (or is it?) subdirectory publishi

From: Shuaib
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: The muddy (or is it?) subdirectory publishing issue
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 06:27:21 -0700 (PDT)

--- Michael Olson <address@hidden> wrote:

> Basically, you need to write links to existing files
> in subdirectories
> as follows: [[SubFile]].  Omit the "subdir".

Hmm.. This would mean that the "SubFile" has to be
unique and "SubFile" cannot exist in two different
subdirectories. In my situation, there will be
filenames that are not unique, and so this will be a
problem.

> For both: So you'll have to create the file first
> using find-file, and
> then link to it.

One of the reasons I love the emacs-wiki is its
ability to create the new files when creating an
extended link. This would add an extra step to the
process.

I have also been experimenting with subwiki method
used by Michael Allan Dorkman mentioned on
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/EmacsWikiMode

In the Subwikis trick, is it possible to create a
Welcompage.html (or with any other name) that contains
the links to the Welcomepage.html of the
subdirectories automatically?

Thanks!

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs