[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Disabling CamelCase in Planner notes/remember

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Disabling CamelCase in Planner notes/remember
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 13:20:50 -0500

Tuomas Härkönen <address@hidden> writes:

> I've just picked up PlannerMode and I'm getting quite fond of
> it. I've started to use it as a journal of sorts -- after playing
> with it for a while I found that using the "notes" section with M-x
> remember is quite well suited for this.
>
> I'm however getting slightly annoyed by the feature that turns all
> MixedCase words into links. I realize that this is normal wiki
> behaviour, but it doesn't look good when using the notes as a
> journal.  Eg. if I write "My good friend McMonkey brought me some
> donuts", I'd just like the text to be displayed as plain text. If I
> decide to dedicate a special page to my friend McMonkey, I'd write
> "I have decided to write more about [[McMonkey]]".
>
> Is there a simple way (complicated is ok too, if it works well :) to
> disable the automatic linking of MixedCase words?

Yes.  Use Muse and its muse-wiki module :^) .  WikiLinks to
nonexistent pages will not be colorized or published by default with
this module, only WikiNames for existing pages in the current
project.  InterWiki links also work as you'd expect.

I'm not going to implement this in emacs-wiki unless someone sends me
a well-tested patch.

--
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- http://www.mwolson.org/
Interests: anime, Debian, XHTML, wiki, Emacs Lisp