[emacs-wiki-discuss] Disabling CamelCase in Planner notes/remember

From: Tuomas Härkönen
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Disabling CamelCase in Planner notes/remember
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 18:47:31 +0300

Hi,

I've just picked up PlannerMode and I'm getting quite fond of it. I've
started to use it as a journal of sorts -- after playing with it for a
while I found that using the "notes" section with M-x remember is
quite well suited for this.

I'm however getting slightly annoyed by the feature that turns all
MixedCase words into links. I realize that this is normal wiki
behaviour, but it doesn't look good when using the notes as a journal.
Eg. if I write "My good friend McMonkey brought me some donuts", I'd
just like the text to be displayed as plain text. If I decide to
dedicate a special page to my friend McMonkey, I'd write "I have
decided to write more about [[McMonkey]]".

Is there a simple way (complicated is ok too, if it works well :) to
disable the automatic linking of MixedCase words?

I tried searching the list, and someone had suggested:

(setq emacs-wiki-name-regexp "!!!!!")

That works, ie. CamelCase words are no longer automatically links. The
problem is that it also disables links from the Tasks section (ie.
TaskPool is no longer a link). I'd just like to disable the links in
the text that ends up in Planner Notes that I write with M-x remember
(unless I manually mark a word as a [[link]]).

Thanks,
Tuomas