[emacs-wiki-discuss] newbie planner questions

From: Bill Raynor
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] newbie planner questions
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 07:57:25 -0500

Hello,

I am trying to get planner/wiki/remember working on Windows XP. I'm asking for some help in getting it all to work. Here is the relevant section of my .emacs file:
(add-to-list 'load-path "C:/Apps/Emacs/site-lisp/sacha-stable/emacs-wiki")
;; Load emacs-wiki
(require 'emacs-wiki)
(require 'emacs-wiki-table)
(add-to-list 'load-path "C:/Apps/Emacs/site-lisp/sacha-stable/planner")
;; Add to load path
(setq planner-carry-tasks-forward t)
(require 'planner)
(require 'planner-multi)
(require 'planner-id)
(plan 5)
(add-to-list 'load-path "C:/Apps/Emacs/site-lisp/sacha-stable/remember")
(require 'remember)
(require 'remember-planner)
;;(require 'remember-bibl)
(setq remember-handler-functions '(remember-planner-append))
(setq remember-annotation-functions planner-annotation-functions)
;;

1. planner-multi doesn't seem to do anything. When I try to put a space in the tasklist, emacs just beeps at me. How do I activate it?
2. likewise planner-id doesn't number the tasks. How do I cause that to happen?

3. M-x customize-groups doesn't seem to work either. When I try to save some configuration changes I get a cryptic message that "something changed outside of customize". Does that mean I can't use the setq function?

Thanks

Bill