RE: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Anchors and Lists and file extension defaul

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: RE: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Anchors and Lists and file extension defaults---migrating from html and emacs-wiki
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 09:29:24 +0100

Sacha Chua wrote:
> "Phillip Lord" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> First, there seems to be different criteria for list markup seems
>> different between emacs wiki and muse, in that muse requires a space
>> before the "-" while emacs-wiki does not. So
>
> Requiring a space makes it easier to avoid accidentally marking up
> paragraphs where a dash just happens to fall on the first line
> - this happens more often than you might think. Actually, I can't
> remember whether it was that or the other case of numbered lists
> when a line happened to start with a number followed by a dot, like
> 1983.

Okay, I guess that this makes sense. As I said, changing it from
emacs-wiki is not that hard a task.

>> - #pabbrev.el This is my new...
>> - #lazy-desktop.el This interacts with...
>
> Should be possible to define a muse publishing rule that searches for
> some regexp and replaces it with <a name="...."></a> =)

I guess that I could do this. Actually, I'm already doing this with
my publishing style, as I generate the real html from a something that
muse produces. So my style gets the links wrong. It seems to defeat the
point though! It would be nice to have a standard way of putting anchors
into lists. I do this in both html and latex quite a lot....

Phil