[emacs-wiki-discuss] muse, latex, hyper-links, and labels

From: Jim Ottaway
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] muse, latex, hyper-links, and labels
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 11:08:17 +0100

Is anyone working on implementing labels for the latex publishing
style?  I see from the archives that there has been some discussion
about the hyper-linking, but I can't find anything conclusive.

It would be far more natural latex, in my opinion, to have
cross-references within a document rendered as \label{foo} and
\ref{foo}.  I haven't used hyperref much, but it seems that it
automatically converts these into hyper-links anyway.  And this could
be extended to inter-document links using xr.sty.

What I would like is for all anchors that are not links---i.e., just
`#foo' on its own---wherever they may appear, to be converted to
\label{foo}, and all links with anchors, or at least those that link
to anchors in their own page, to be converted to some kind of
\ref{foo} markup.

Does anyone have any thoughts about this?

--
Jim Ottaway