Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Getting started

From: phgrau
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Getting started
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 10:26:49 +0100

Hello,

* Charlie Martin <address@hidden> [13.11.05 06:23]:
> 1) is planner mode stable enough to use without extensive hacking time?

well, I just use a default installation, which gets my stuff running. Not
much customizing just plain usage.

> 2) is there a canonical stable version download that I can get
> easily?  Last I looked, it seemed like one needed to download a base
> and about 561 patches....

Hm, as a test for planner-muse, I only downloaded two files:

- http://www.mwolson.org/static/dist/muse-latest.tar.gz
  more information: http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/MuseMode

- http://www.mwolson.org/static/dist/planner-muse-latest.tar.gz
  see http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/PlannerMusePort

Untargzip them to an location you want.

Then I added some code to my .emacs file:

,----[ ~/.emacs ]---
| (add-to-list 'load-path "~/lib/muse/lisp")
| (add-to-list 'load-path "~/lib/planner-muse")
|
| (require 'muse-mode)     ; load authoring mode
|
| (require 'muse-html)     ; load publishing styles I use
| (require 'muse-latex)
| (require 'muse-texinfo)
| (require 'muse-docbook)
| (require 'planner)
|
| (setq planner-project "WikiPlanner")
| (setq muse-project-alist
|       '(("WikiPlanner"
|                ("~/notebook/muse/plans" :default "index" :major-mode
planner-mode
|                  :visit-link planner-visit-link)
|                 (:base "planner-html" :path "~/notebook/muse/html"))))
`----

When you fire up your emacs now, a M-x plan gives you your first plan page.
Just try it.

\bye
Philipp