[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner-deadline

From: Edgar Gonçalves
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner-deadline
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 14:29:55 +0000

On the 29th of October, Michael Olson wrote:
> address@hidden (Edgar Gonçalves) writes:
>
>> .#1 planner-deadline: I had grown very fond of this package, but in
>> this planner-muse version if I have many tasks with deadlines, wait
>> a few days, and do a \M-x plan <RET> it gets only one deadlined-task
>> into the current day. If I repeat the command, another one comes up
>> to the current day. and so on and so forth, until I have all my
>> tasks present...
>
> This patch should fix the issue -- the main problem was some buggy
> behavior in the `planner-copy-or-move-region' function.  I also took
> special pains to make sure that the deadline is always updated when
> you type M-x plan, as well as when the deadline is changed manually.
>
> 2005-10-29 05:54:43 GMT       Michael Olson <address@hidden>  patch-81

>     Revision:
>       planner-muse--mwolson--1.0--patch-81
>
>     * planner-deadline.el: Whitespace munging.  Make sure
>      planner-deadline-update to planner-goto-hook -- it's a sure thing that
>      this behavior will be desired if you have deadlines!
>      (planner-deadline-change-hook): Add planner-deadline-update as the
>      default value.
>
>     * planner.el (planner-copy-or-move-region): Optimize.  Only move upwards
>       if no tasks exists at this line, or if we encounter an error.  This
>       should prevent planner from playing Russian Roulette with tasks from
>       previous days, such as deadlines.
>       (plan): Use point-min and point-max for the sake of clarity.
>
>     modified files:
>      ChangeLog planner-deadline.el planner.el
>
> --
> Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- http://www.mwolson.org/
> Interests: anime, Debian, XHTML, wiki, Emacs Lisp
>   /` |\ | | | IRC: mwolson on freenode.net: #hcoop, #muse, #PurdueLUG
>  |_] | \| |_| Jabber: mwolson_at_hcoop.net

I just realised planner trunk suffers the same problem I described here: after
updating planner-muse with this patch, everything was allright, but after a
while I started using planner-trunk (and I'm glad I did!), and a \M-x plan would
bring one task only to the current day (repeatedly calling `plan' eventually
brings them all to the taoday page!). I still haven't had the time to analyse
the behaviour on p-copy-or-move-task (I glanced at it, and it's relation with
the problem I'm verifying didn't seem obvious, but I'll take a closer look later
on). I find it odd, however, that noone else has complained about this:
either the problem is on my configuration, or anyone is using planner-trunk with
this patch :)

Will report back,
--
Edgar Gonçalves