[emacs-wiki-discuss] RE: confused by remember-region

From: Raymond Zeitler
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] RE: confused by remember-region
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 11:28:21 -0500

Hi Ren:

Great question.  I wondered that too when I first started to use Planner.

I always use "C-u M-x remember" from within a planner project page and
accept the contents of the remember buffer as is.  I'm nervous about editing
/ composing text inside a temporary buffer because it's not easy to save
drafts.

Although I've gotten used to my method, I'd welcome a function that I could
call that would create a note directly from a region, without the need for a
prefix argument, and without the need to create a temporary buffer in which
I need to press C-c C-c.

Unfortunately, M-x remember-region isn't a replacement for C-u M-x remember
C-c C-c.  At least not for me.  I wish it were.  The problem is that M-x
remember-region doesn't write a note on the day page, despite prompting for
a date.  Nor is it compatible with planner-multi since it doesn't prompt for
a project page.  So maybe this is why M-x remember-region isn't the
Recommended Way.

All the best!

--
Raymond Zeitler <address@hidden>