[emacs-wiki-discuss] Muse, planner, and muse file extension

Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Muse, planner, and muse file extension
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 15:16:13 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I've been slowly getting things configured and working using muse/planner-muse for a couple of months (Emacs 21.3 Windows/Native, w/ Cygwin support). I've concentrated only on getting my docs and journals heirarchy working with Muse (no publishing yet), but mostly on getting a working planner workflow going.

I think ideally the way I would like muse/planner to work is for plan pages to continue to not require a .muse extension (ugh, no 2005.11.18.muse) but am OK with  a one time change for non-planner-mode docs to adopt the extension.

I had problems with planner-mode not getting properly invoked when visiting files in my 'planner-directory' with any of (as of 11/18) muse-3.02.tar.gz, muse-rel3.02-latest.tar.gz, muse-latest.tar.gz, along with planner-muse-latest.tar.gz. I got things working again by redoing the customization stuff related to muse-project and saving it, and now have this setup related to projects and file extension:

(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.muse$" . muse-mode))
(setq muse-file-extension nil)
(setq muse-mode-auto-p t)

I had thought I might be able to have muse-file-extension set to ".muse" but also muse-mode-auto-p set to t and get the same behavior, but in my experiments it didn't work that way. With the above, planner is working again and plan and day pages don't need the muse extension, and muse mode gets invoked for files with the explicit extension.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com