Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Muse, planner, and muse file extension

From: Eric Johnson
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Muse, planner, and muse file extension
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 07:49:32 -0500

I've had nothing but trouble with muse 3.02.02.

My entire collection of planner files was built up without an extension and thus have little desire to make a change to that scheme.

I've added these lines to my planner-config.el file...

  (setq muse-mode-auto-p t)
  (setq muse-file-extension nil)
  (add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.muse$" . muse-mode))

But all of my planner pages (day and project) STILL come up in fundamental mode.

I even temporarily experimented with...

  (setq default-major-mode 'planner-mode)

This got it back.  Sort of.  The task sorting framework and the template insertion framework never gets executed in that environment.

Muse and I continue to not get along.  :-<.

-Eric