Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: How to generate a page without title

From: Ken Brown
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: How to generate a page without title
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 10:34:12 -0500

On 11/29/2005 10:23 PM, Michael Olson wrote:
Evan <address@hidden> writes:

A muse file without '#title' directive will generate a page with the
filename as its title. Though it may sound not a good idea, if I
don't want the title in some pages, what should I do?

(defun my-muse-remove-title-directive
  (setq muse-publishing-directives
        (delq (assoc "title" muse-publishing-directives)
              muse-publishing-directives)))

(add-hook 'muse-before-publish-hook 'my-muse-remove-title-directive)

I've had the same question as Evan, but I think your solution is too drastic.  Doesn't it eliminate titles on all documents?  It would be nice to be able to decide for a given document that there should be no title (or author, or date...).  One possible approach would be to set this up so that a directive followed by only whitespace (until the next directive or the first section head) indicates that the corresponding element should not appear.  For example, the following would produce a page with a title but no author or date:

#title Title
#author
#date
* Section 1