[emacs-wiki-discuss] Muse: newbie questions

From: Karl Schmid
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Muse: newbie questions
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 21:53:13 +0100

Hi,

I have used Emacs for a couple of years for LaTeX editing and recently
discovered muse and planner.

Despite reading the Muse documentation and the information on emacswiki.org, I
was not able to sort out the following problems:

1. When I create and edit a page, and I type in a CamelCase word, no link is
generated automatically (as described in the muse manual). Is there any
possibility to activate or easily implement such a function? I really liked
this feature about the Wiki I used so far.

2. When I create a page and want to publish it, I type C-c C-v and in the
minibuffer I am asked for the project to publish and the style. I enter the
project name as given in muse_projects_alist in .emacs and to which the file
is associated. However, I get the message 'no pages in nil need publishing at
this time' and there is no html file of the corresponding muse file.

3. When type M-x muse-index, the minibuffer says that an index is being
generated, but I do no see anything like an index or such.

4. Is there a simple may to change into Muse mode and select among the
projects so that I get to the default page of this project? Would it be even
possible to (easily) create a function that by typing M-x labjournal would
open a buffer in the project 'labjournal' with the default page open? (I do
not know yet how to hack lisp code).

With respect to 2.  and 3. I suspect that I either one of my settings is
incorrect or that I am misreading the documentation.

Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Karl

I append the relevant section of my .emacs file:

;;---------------------------------------------------------------
;; muse
;;---------------------------------------------------------------

(add-to-list 'load-path "/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/muse")

(require 'muse)          ; load generic module
(require 'muse-mode)     ; load authoring mode
(require 'muse-colors)
(require 'muse-html)     ; load publishing styles I use
(require 'muse-latex)
(require 'muse-texinfo)
(require 'muse-docbook)
(require 'outline)       ; I like outline-style faces
(require 'muse-wiki)     ; load Wiki support

;; publish in the lab journal
(require 'muse-project)

(setq muse-project-alist
    '(
      ("Labjournal"                 ; my various writings
       ("~/documents/labjournal"
        :force-publish("WikiIndex")
        :default "FrontPage")
       (:base "html" :path "~/documents/labjournal/html")
       (:base "pdf" :path "~/documents/labjournal/pdf"))
       ("Plans"
       ("~/documents/plans/"
        :default "TaskPool"
        :major-mode planner-mode