Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: <notes> and <index> tags in Planner

From: Dale Smith
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: <notes> and <index> tags in Planner
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 16:25:37 -0500

On 12/1/05, Dale Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
> Ok. I think I've figured out what's going on, but I'm not sure how to fix it.
>
> 1. Switch to the .muse buffer while calling
> planner-notes-get-headlines.  I don't know how to find the name of
> this buffer.  Is there some planner or muse function that returns
> this?

Sorry to keep replying to my own emails.

With help from mwolson on #muse, I'm now using this, which works
great!  Note that I'm using <notes-toc> instead of <notes> .

(require 'planner-appt)
(require 'assoc)

(aput 'planner-publish-markup-tags "notes-toc" '(nil nil
dsmith/planner-publish-notes-tag))

(defun dsmith/planner-publish-notes-tag (beg end)
  "Replace the region BEG to END with the notes for this page.
Idiosyncratic."
  (delete-region beg end)
  (insert "\n")
  (mapcar
   (lambda (item)
     (insert (format " - [[%s%s][%s]]\n"
                     (planner-page-name)
                     (car item)
                     (planner-appt-de-wiki (cdr item)))))
   (save-excursion
     (find-file muse-publishing-current-file)
     (planner-notes-get-headlines)))
  (insert "\n"))