Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner-appt or diary question

From: Jim Ottaway
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner-appt or diary question
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 09:47:53 +0000

> I wonder if the same approach should be used for the date column when
> listing multiple appts on the same day in the forthcoming section
> (attached patch gives an implementation if you want to see what you
> think).

The idea behind having something in the repeat date string was that
there would be something onto which to hang a link.  But, in deference
to parsimony in matters of ink, I have tried to make optional what
goes into a repeat date cell.  If it consists only of whitespace, no
link is created; I suppose a link could have just whitespace as its
description, perhaps that should be an option too?  But then one might
start to suffer from option anxiety.

> One thing: it may be better to have
> planner-appt-forthcoming-look-at-cyclic-flag default to nil.  I don't
> currently use planner-cyclic and in this case, one gets an error about
> the planner-cyclic file not being defined.  Or perhaps it is possible
> to test whether or not planner-cyclic is loaded?  The default is good
> if you are using planner-cyclic.

Good point.  I have made nil the default, and added a featurep test.

These changes are in:

Location: http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/jeho/archives/2005
Archive name: address@hidden
Branch: planner--jeho--1.1