[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner mode + calendar: avoid repetetive entri

From: Jim Ottaway
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner mode + calendar: avoid repetetive entries
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 14:22:03 +0000

that has been posted to comp.emacs as well.

> I started using planner mode (and connected it to my diary). Now,
> for cyclic entries in my diary, they are _copied_ into the plan-file
> for the respective day (for instance, the file for today
> 2006.02.23.muse contains the cyclic thursdays entries.)

> However, this will grow large over the time. So is it possible that

>         - either those are not _copied_ there (but perhaps
>           show up in the plan-window nonetheless, as
>           taken from the diary)

>         - or that they are removed again when the day is over

> to avoid duplicating (= copying) the data and to economize
> on the space. Thanks.

I'm afraid that's how planner works at the moment [by copying the
entry to the plan page].

When you say that the cyclic entries will grow large over time, will
they really grow large enough to cause problems?

I think it would be possible to work out a reasonably simple way to
have parts of the planner buffer, such as cyclic entries, that are
removed when the buffer is saved.

By the way, there is an e-mail list for planner, muse, and emacs-wiki: