[emacs-wiki-discuss] What is the best way to keep local and remote copy

From: thomas knoll
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] What is the best way to keep local and remote copy in sync?
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 15:03:09 -0600

Howdy all,

My next to last step in trusting my planner system is to keep my local
files and my remote network files in sync. I thought rsync would be
the way to go, but from what sacha has been teaching me, it sounds
like that is just a better way to publish to the web. (That's my final
step).

I would like to keep my local copy and remote copy in sync because I
have to work from multiple computers and end up having to work off my
own machines, so I would like to be able to just shell into my remote
copy when I need to, but trust that I can sync (diff) things up later.

My remote is linux so I can shell into that from anything. but
unfortunately (imho) my local copy is on XP+cygwin until I get gentoo
running on my other machine. Is unison the best way to go? Or are
there other things I don't know about?

--
web:     http://dydimustk.com/

aim:       dyd1mustk