[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner - cyclic tasks - diary and schedule

From: Raymond Zeitler
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner - cyclic tasks - diary and schedule
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 15:09:28 -0500

spd.el is a shameful bit of source that's nothing more than a macro coded in
Emacs Lisp.  All it really does is change one's planner directory and then
restarts planner.  I had hoped someone skillful would come along and
implement it better.  Unfortunately when it switched to muse, planner never
acquired segregation among "workspaces."  If you like, I could add "code" to
switch to a private diary.  I think it would be easy to do....  But I still
haven't switched to muse.  And I doubt spd.el will be bundled with anything
except the trash. :)

I guess people who maintain multiple blogs use Wordpress.  I've heard it's
pretty good.  :)

I really liked Emacs diary, except for its inability to display multi-line
entries.  The reason I was interested in it was because I wanted to have a
diary on the computer.  You know, like, "Dear Diary:  Today Bob and I had
lunch.  He told me ..."  I decided to use planner's Notes section for that.

Let me know what you end up doing!

--
Raymond Zeitler <address@hidden>